As the biggest fundraiser of the year and representing almost half of the school’s PTA budget, PS 199 relies on funds from the auction to provide critical resources for our kids, including teacher assistants in the classroom, supplies, technology and other enhanced Arts and STEM programming that we are so grateful to have in our school.
We need YOU to make it happen!
Download the printable Ticket Form here and send through kidmail with one of the following payment method:
- Check made payable to PTA of PS 199; Attention: Auction Tickets
- Venmo to PTA PS OneNineNine (@PTA-PS199) with “Auction Tickets” in the description
Solicit or Donate Items
Donations are the heart of our auction. We typically have over 700 items in our auction ranging from gift cards, to merchandise, to ski vacations, to one-of-a-kind experiences. Every donation counts and each one is appreciated.
** Donation items are due on March 15th **
- Online donation form – complete this form to submit donations to our auction (bonus for doing it online: the donor will automatically receive an email receipt for tax purposes).
What do we need? Think about opportunities through your local business contacts, neighbors, friends, family and colleagues to contribute unique (or not so unique!) items.
- Hotels & Resorts: Ask for multiple-night stay + meals
- Kids Activities: Ask for parties or semesters of classes
- Unique Adult Experiences: Ask for backstage/studio/kitchen tours, walk-on roles or meet & greets
- Restaurants & Dining: Ask for group parties / tastings
- Sports / Arts Tickets & Experiences: Ask for meet & greets or stadium tours / backstage access
- Beauty & Fitness: Ask for parties or a membership
- Retail & Shopping: Ask for gift cards
Click the link below for ideas of what to ask for. Please sign up to avoid duplication of efforts. Thank you!
Solicitation Letter and Email
Feel free to customize these letters to help support your outreach:
Other Ways to Get Involved
Only have a few minutes to spare? Or ready to lead a project team? Join our 2019 PS 199 Auction Squad and help
us to create an extraordinary event!
- Auction Museum Set up *early preview of class art projects!
- Auction Item Pack up
- Auction item Redemption
- 50/50 Raffle Ticket Sales (Yard and Live Event)
- Event Registration
- Event Signage
- Live Auction Spotters
- Photographers, Videographers *any professionals willing to donate their services?
- Venue Set up/Load Out
We are grateful for your support!
If you are not sure what to sign up for, add your name to the General Auction Committee and stay up to date about the latest auction happenings.
Frequently Asked Questions (Download FAQ)
Who are the auction Co-chairs?
The auction co-chairs are brand new to the PS 199 community! Karen Kennedy has two children, Jake and Isabel who are in 3rd grade, and Christine Capilouto has a son, Tristan, who is in 1st grade. We are excited to be part of this amazing school and wonderful event! Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime!
When and where is the auction?
Friday April 5, 2019 7pm to 11pm Landmark on the Park, 160 Central Park West (between 75th and 76th Streets).
Who attends the auction?
The entire PS 199 community is invited to attend. This includes current families, staff and faculty members. We would very much like to encourage our alumni friends to join us, though because we do not have a systematic way of reaching out to everyone, please help spread the word!
What happens at the auction event?
We come together as a community to enjoy an evening of cocktails, food and dancing. There will be a 4 hour open bar, passed hors d’oeuvres and even a photo booth! Just make sure you come with your phones charged and ready to bid!
Where does the money go?
The auction is PS 199’s largest fundraiser of the year, raising nearly 50% of the total PTA-funded budget for the school. The PTA funds a wide range of student support and enrichment, including Chess, Arts & STEM programs, books, supplies, updated technology and even our coveted teacher assistants! The cost of a ticket only covers the cost of the event. We count on auction bidding and general donations and sponsorship to raise the funds needed.
What is the difference between the silent, live and online auctions?
We use three separate fundraising vehicles to raise money for the PTA: silent, live and online auctions. These three platforms work in tandem to give our families and friends the opportunity to participate in the auction and contribute as they are able.
- Silent auction: Fundraising activity begins with our silent auction. Bidding occurs digitally and anonymously via laptop or mobile device, and is accessed through a text message or email invitation to all PS 199 families. The silent auction features carefully curated packages thanks to the generosity of our PS 199 families. The silent auction closes at approximately 10pm on auction event night. A highlight of the silent auction are the Teacher Playdates. Our PS 199 teachers offer unique playdates and experiences that our kids truly enjoy.
- Live auction: The live auction takes place at the auction event on Friday night April 5th and is run by a professional auctioneer. We will feature several live auction lots including the coveted K-2 classroom art projects created by teachers and students. To bid in the live auction, you must be present at the event.
- Online auction: Last but not least, the online auction opens on April 9th and is available online for an entire week! Items featured there include an array of experiences, goods and services that can be purchased at a great value all while supporting the PTA of PS 199. The online auction closes on April 16, 2019.
Does the auction have a theme?
This year’s party theme is “A Night of Gratitude”. We picked the theme to celebrate all that we are grateful for at PS 199. We feel very fortunate that our kids have so many opportunities at our school and the teachers work so hard to ensure their success. We are grateful for the parents, the PTA, the staff and administration who make it all possible.
What attire is appropriate for the auction?
The attire is festive.
What are Sponsor-a-Teacher tickets?
We are pleased to offer our dedicated PS 199 teachers and staff complimentary tickets to our annual auction event. The admission tickets for teacher spouses or significant others are also sold at a discounted price. When you purchase a Sponsor-a-Teacher ticket, you help personally fund a night of fun and friendship for a PS 199 teacher. Please note, you cannot specify a teacher. All teachers and staff who RSVP will be able to attend!
What is the 50/50 raffle?
The 50/50 raffle costs $100 per raffle ticket and only up to 100 tickets will be sold (cash or check only). The max $10,000 pot will be split between the auction and the raffle winner. Auction attendance not required to purchase or win the raffle.
How can I volunteer?
We have tons of volunteer opportunities, both leading up to the auction as well as on the event. We need help with donation solicitations, event planning, data entry, day-of-event registration and much more. Please sign up on Konstella for the general auction committee or sub-committee of your choice!
Thank you to these generous supporters of PS 199 Auction 2019: A Night of Gratitude
PS 199 Auction Ambassadors
Angeline Huang & Mark Higgins Karen & Bob Kennedy Wendy Ye
|Vildan Altuglu & Mehmet Fuat Sener Ana Benitez & Anid Bessen Christine & Michael Capilouto David Comisar & Deirdre Whitman Karen Cooper & Jacob Frohman Melina Debenheim & Sami Robbana Justin Fromm Amy & Chris Gilbert Gene Hirschel & Angela Hon Yujin & Stephano Kim Sharon Cinnamon & Eli Shapiro||Gili & Ryan Levin Jerome & Coleen Liscano Katherine Meyerer Colleen & Keirn Murphy Vijay & Pradnya Narayanan Jamie Nguyen & Joe Galan Deborah Shapiro & Dominique Baede Hilde & Robert Simso Lauren & Scott Stelzer Rebecca & Jason Zimba|
Other Questions or Ideas?
Contact Auction Co-Chairs at email@example.com. We’d love to hear from you!
Karen Kennedy (Isabel and Jake, 3rd grade): Fundraising and Event Planning
Christine Capilouto (Tristan, 1st grade): Solicitations